The Doctor of Philosophy programme comprises courses and a thesis. Candidates are required to pass all four (4) core courses and two (2) additional courses as stipulated by the Faculty before submitting the thesis. Candidates must submit a research thesis with a reasonable number of words not exceeding 100,000 words at the end of the programme.
CXHB 7103 – Data Analysis for Business
CXHB 7104 – Philosophy of Science in Management
CXHB 7108 – Qualitative Research Methods for Business
CXHB 7109 – Quantitative Research Methods for Business
In addition to the core courses, students are required to take two (2) additional courses (3 credit hours each) at FBA or at other faculties depending on the chosen area of research, to be determined by the department.
Additional Programme Requirements
- Proposal Defense by Semester III
- Doctoral Colloquium presentation every semester starting from Semester IV
- Progress Report submission at the end of every semester
The faculty organizes Colloquium every semester for candidates to present the progress of their research. The colloquium is attended by the academic staff, local and international evaluators and all PhD candidates.
The objectives of the Doctoral Colloquium are to provide:
- Feedback from the faculty members and other in the form of ideas and insight of the research
- Opportunity to discuss and compare research methodologies and evaluate recent contributions in the fields
- Exposure to the area of research
- Avenue to strengthen and enhance presentation and communication skills
- Opportunity for networking