A Warm Welcome and Best Wishes To Our New Students
Congratulations! We are pleased to confirm your offer of admission to the University of Malaya Class of 2015, the most esteemed university in Malaysia!
University of Malaya (UM) is ranked the highest of all the universities in Malaysia, placed at 29th in the QS Asian University Rankings, 3rd in Southeast Asia and 151 in the QS World University Rankings 2014/15. As you know, UM has been known for our high standards in the application process and our dedication to academic excellence. We were very impressed by your academic history and your performance in our interview. We are pleased to be looking forward to welcoming you soon at UM.
This year over twenty-five thousand talented and highly qualified candidates applied for admission to the University of Malaya, the Admissions Committee took great care to choose individuals with exceptional character as well as unusual academic and extracurricular strengths. The Committee is convinced that you will make important contributions during your college years and beyond.
We are pleased to share with you the opportunities that Faculty of Business & Accountancy, University of Malaya can provide you, which might be helpful to you in making your college choice.
- Programmes are highly recognized and accredited by the relevant local and international professional bodies (MIA, ACCA, CIMA, MICPA, ICEAW, CPA Australia, CFA)
- Opportunity for fast track professional qualification upon graduation (ACCA, CIMA, ICAEW)
- > 90% of academic staff have PhD qualifications with many years of professional engagements, most are registered by the relevant professional bodies; supported by leading practicing professionals from the industry.
- Excellent Staff Student Ratio (SSR) at 1:10 for effective teaching and learning.
- High quality teaching & learning with up-to-date syllabus to meet current demands of professional bodies and industries.
- About 85% employability within 3 months after graduation.
- Good linkages with industries and sought after by many employers.
- Opportunity to be part of outbound exchange programmes at more than 50 universities abroad and to experience cross-cultural learning from international inbound students.
- Opportunities to develop soft skills through students club activities.
- UM is ranked top 151 university in the world by QS World University Rankings; ranked 29 in Asia; and the 1st in Malaysia.
We welcome you to the Faculty with open arms and hope to see you soon.